This is our last week in Australia and its time to reflect on what an amazing country we live in! Since leaving Tasmania in the middle of June we’ve been lucky enough to visit every state/territory in Australia except ACT (sorry ACT). They all have incredible things to offer, in particular I’ve enjoyed the following about each state/territory:
– The theme parks on the Gold Coast because we needed a place to just decompress after the hectic packing up we did leaving Tassie!
– Visiting our oldest son (Jake), daughter-in-law(Sarah) and grandchildren (Chloe and Olivia) in Lismore, NSW and exploring the fantastic endless beaches in northern NSW.
– The stunning coastal scenery in south Victoria – those 12 (or 9) Apostles always impress.
– In South Australia the gorgeous ‘Shelly’ beach at Ceduna – which we all wished we’d had more time to explore
– The majestic little city of Perth which sits on the meandering Swan river and the beaches that were only ever a couple of k’s away – love this city and its connection to both the river and the ocean! And of course we got to spend time with our oldest daughter Nikki who lives in Perth.
– The West Australian north coast tour is something I would recommend for every Australian – Kalbarri, Monkey Mia, Coral Bay and Broome – all beautiful Australian jems!
– The West Australian Pilbra (Karijini in particular) and the magic Kimberly’s – wow, Australia is massive.
– Just over the border between WA and NT is the Keep River National Park and it is amazing – you can see my video about Keep River here.
– Now we are in Katherine Gorge and we’ve already seen some truly amazing sites, like the bats dipping into the water at sunset in order to then ‘drink’ the water off their fur – wow.
In fact so much of the Australian part of our trip has been ‘wow’ – as much as I’m looking forward to leaving Australia and starting the overseas part of adventure, I am very grateful for the time we have had exploring this truly amazing, inspiring country we call home. We now have a much better connection to our own country as we step off into the unknown and explore the ‘world’.
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- ABC radio interview – What scared us into leaving Italy 8 months early? - November 25, 2015
- Things can change on a dime - November 2, 2015
- Revealed – the tragedy of our first couple of house sits! - October 13, 2015